La Purisima Church
The temporary Church served for several years for the mission; however, in 1818, it collapsed. The new Church was completed that year. The new Church had walls which were five feet thick at the foundation and three feet thick at the roof. The altar floor was constructed of redwood.
Remnants of the first temporary church were discovered in 1937. Minor excavations indicate that the temporary church was approximately 177 feet long, with an L shape which extended 45 feet east.
The new church was not without its difficulties. An underground spring located beneath the loft would later destabilize the building, and the religious services would have to be relocated to the Padre's private chapel.